Prof. N. Karak
- Listed among the world scientists in AD Scientific Index (Alper-Doger Scientific Index), 2021
- Professor M. Santappa Award in Polymer Science of the year 2020 by Polymer Society of India, 2021
- Listed in World ranking among top 2% scientists from India by Stanford University scientists, 2020
- Recognized as one of the top Indian authors (among 5) in ACS Omega by ACS, 2019
- Associate Editor, Journal of Renewable Materials, Tech Science Press, USA, 2019-2021
- Regular member of American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (ACS), 2018
- Fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC) by Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), 2018
- Visitor's Award for Best Researcher by Hon'ble President of India, 2017
- Recognized as the most highly prolific author for ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering (top among Asian countries and 4thout of 5 in world), by ACS 2016
- Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI) Bronze medal (Selected), 2016
- Ninth Polymer Foundation Award by PSMPF, 2015
- Material Research Society of India (MRSI) medal award by MRSI 2014
- 3rd National Award (one winner and one commendation) for Technology Innovation in Petrochemicals and Downstream Plastics Processing Industry by Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Govt. of India, 2013
- Dr. Arvind Kumar Memorial Award by Indian Council of Chemists (ICC), 2012
- Dr. J.N. Baruah Memorial Science Award, in Chemical Science, by Assam Science Society, 2012
- Best presenter award for oral presentation sponsored by LANGMUIR, American Chemical Society (ACS) on Citric acid/Glycerol ester, a backup of 2, 2-Bis(hydroxymethyl)propionic acid and biobased synthesis of anionic polyurethane dispersion, MTM-2020, SVNIT, Surat, Gujarat, 17th-18th December, 2020.
- Best poster awarded for presentation on Renewable resource based smart hyperbranched polyurethane elastomer, ASP 2017, IIT Guwahati, Assam 8th-11th January, 2018.
- Best poster awarded for Characterization of Starch Modified Hyperbranched Carbon Based Polyurethane Nanocomposites as Smart Materials, 1st International Conference on Sophisticated Instruments in Modern Research, IIT Guwahati, 30th June-1st July, 2017.
- Best presenter award for oral presentation on Sustainable-resource-based tough hyperbranched polyurethane nanocomposites with different carbon based metal nanohybrids: Perspective as multifunctional smart materials, ASP 2017, IIT Guwahati, Assam 8th-11th January, 2018.
- Best oral presentation awarded for seminar on Bio-based smart hyperbranched polyurethane nanocomposite with antimicrobial and repeatable self-healing attribute, Ninth Polymer Foundation Award by PSMPF, 2015.
- Best poster awarded for presentation on Photoluminescent Transparent Hyperbranched Epoxy/Carbon Dot Nanocomposites, International Conference on Polymers: Vision & Innovations, Asian Polymer Association (APA), Delhi, 2014.
- Green Chemistry Innovation Award, Industrial Green Chemistry World (IGCW) for presentation Towards Bio-erodible Vegetable Oil based Hyperbranched Poly(ester amide) Nanocomposites: From Anti-static Materials to Multimodal Biomedical Applications, 2013
- Best poster awarded for presentation on Vegetable oil based mMWCNT/polyurethane nanocomposites for bone tissue engineering applications, in TEZCON DRL, Assam, 2012
- Best poster awarded for presentation on Electrospun cellulose acetate mats for automotive applications, Ontario Biocar Initiative, 8th Biannual Research Meeting, University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, 2011
- Best poster awarded for presentation on ‘Fluorescence tailoring of polyaniline nanofiber-nanocomposites, National workshop on Nuclear and Atomic Techniques based Pure and Applied Sciences, 2011
- Best poster awarded for presentation on Antimicrobial and antilarvacidal silver nanocomposites through Greener approach, National workshop on Recent trend in Nanoscience and Technology, 2011
- Best poster awarded for presentation on Fluorescence properties of renewable oil based polyester/clay silver nanocomposites, National Seminar on Photonics and Quantum Structures, 2009