A young, dynamic and energetic research group at Tezpur University, India, aiming the advancement of materials for the mankind. Prof. Karak and his research group are striving to develop advanced polymers, nanomaterials and their nanocomposites at APNL The works are mainly focusing on the development of such materials through greener routes using bio-based renewable resources as much as practicable. The materials are being developed by maintaining the concept of Triple bottom line approach and achieving high carbon credits as well as following the tenets of Green Chemistry as much as possible.
- Bio-based hyperbranched polymers
- Advanced coating materials
- Functional nanomaterials
- Multifaceted advanced polymer nanocomposites
- Polymeric bio-materials
- Shape memory polymeric materials
- Self-healing and self-cleaning polymeric materials